Tell Governor Baker it's time to speak up for Massachusetts!
On May 3, twelve U.S. governors sent President Trump a letter urging him to keep the United States in the Paris Agreement. Guess whose name wasn't on the list? Our own Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts.
Please take two minutes to call Gov. Baker at 617-725-4005 and let him know it's time to #SpeakUpCharlie. No more slipping out the back door when Massachusetts needs the opposite: bold leadership on climate.
Use these talking points or your own words (it counts to leave a message):
- [Introduce yourself and provide your address.]
- Trump is currently considering whether to withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement.
- Governors across the country signed a letter urging Trump not to withdraw from the Paris Agreement, but Gov. Baker's name was absent.
- I want my governor to show leadership and: 1) Sign the letter calling on Trump to stay in the Paris Agreement and 2) get our state back on track to meet 25% carbon reduction by 2020 as required by Massachusetts law.
- [Don't forget to thank the staff person for her or his time!]