We’re down to the wire: we’ve got only a few hours left in 2014.
Here are eleven reasons (count 'em!) to give to Better Future Project before the year is up.
11. We’re giving 350 Massachusetts the support it needs to run three hard-hitting campaigns chosen by volunteers.
10. Big Bird would want you to give.
9. So would Elmo!
8. Thanks to the grassroots movement we’ve helped to build, the proposed Salem gas plant is delayed, the proposed Kinder Morgan gas pipeline is up in the air, and the Spectra gas pipeline expansion is facing significant opposition.
7. The Climate Summer riders look great on national TV. (Did you catch them on Al Jazeera America this summer?)
6. We provide hands-on support to incredible divestment activists on 14 campuses across the state. At Harvard, for instance, we work closely with the students who sued Harvard for its failure to divest and even blockaded the administration’s office.
4. As a result of our advocacy, the outgoing state treasurer endorsed fossil fuel divestment, becoming the first state treasurer in the nation to do so. The incoming treasurer also supports divestment, along with legislators all over the state.
3. Give today, or the dreaded tar sands monster will get you! (Seriously, though—we’ve organized countless vigils, rallies, and events to oppose Keystone XL and tar sands oil, and we'll continue to stand strong in the coming months and years.)
2. We sent more buses to the historic People’s Climate March in New York City than any other regional or state-level organization in the country.
1. Climate change is the single biggest issue facing humanity, and 2015 will be a pivotal year.