350 Mass is hiring a paid Fair Share for Massachusetts Campaign interns for Fall 2022.
Hours: Part time, flexible (20 hours a week), this will include some weekend voter outreach time
Start: Flexible, after September 15, 2021
End: November 8, 2022 (Election Day)
Location: Coordinating meetings will be held remotely over zoom, voter outreach events like canvassing and tabling will be in-person. We will be focusing on Boston, the Greater Boston area, and the Lowell area.
The final application deadline is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, September 16 2022. However, we review applications on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Join the 350 Mass member-led Fair Share Amendment Campaign. As part of this campaign team, interns are responsible for:
- Sharing resources, news, and best practices with the campaign team and local organizers
- Providing input on campaign strategy
- Collaborate with member leaders and staff to recruit the 350 Mass network to volunteer opportunities
- Supporting events that engage our membership, including trainings, meetings, and voter outreach events
- Work with staff to manage technology for phone banking, text banking, canvassing, coordinating voter outreach events
- Planning and facilitating membership events like tech trainings, canvassing trainings, and community discussions about the Fair Share Amendment.
- Conduct voter outreach
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Demonstrated interest in environmental justice, climate justice, racial justice, and/or other social justice issues
- Interest in GOTV (Get Out The Vote) campaigning
- Experience organizing with campaigns or other advocacy work
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
- Fluency with Zoom, Slack, Google Apps and associated applications
Anticipated Internship Outcomes:
- Gain hands-on experience working with a statewide grassroots movement in a crucial political climate on a critical campaign
- Develop skills in communication, campaign strategy, and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) technology
- Position start date is flexible, though we hope to start ASAP
- End date is Election Day: November 8, 2022
- This position reports to: 350 Mass Director of Organizing, Evan Bell
How To Apply:
Applicants should submit a 1-page cover letter and 1-page resume to Evan at [email protected] with the subject line “FSA Intern”. Please include your last name in your resume and cover letter files.
The final application deadline is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, September 16, 2022. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Do you like this page?