Jobs at Better Future Project
Come join our team! If the posting is up, that means we are still accepting applications.
Please note that our office is on the second floor of a building without an elevator and unfortunately not wheelchair-accessible.
350 Massachusetts Digital Organizer & Communications Specialist
Supervisor: Director of Organizing
Position Status: Full-time
Salary Range: $38,000-$45,000 - Salary dependent on years of professional experience
Location: Our office in Cambridge, MA
Better Future Project is building the grassroots climate movement in Massachusetts and beyond. We are looking for an experienced, strategic, and collaborative individual to lead our digital organizing efforts. The Digital Organizer supports the statewide volunteer network 350 Mass using digital tools in service of both on-the-ground actions and in-person meetings, as well as decentralized statewide campaigns. A small percentage of the position’s time will be devoted to supporting the digital strategies and platforms of the organization as a whole.
- Work with members to develop campaign messaging and help organization craft overall messaging strategies and branding.
- Manage the 350 Mass database and CRM and develop internal procedures for staff and members to make the most of the database
- Train and support members to execute 350 Mass communications work.
- Maintain and improve Better Future Project and 350 Mass websites
- Grow 350 Mass’s social media presence
- Lead internal communications within the 350 Mass network and external coordination with press
- Create and update informational materials including pamphlets, flyers, and digital memes related to 350 Mass campaigns and initiatives
- Support staff and members with communications for mobilizations and other tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years working on communications and digital organizing
- Experience with NationBuilder or other CRM database software
- Fluency with social media platforms and digital organizing tools, such as google analytics and webinars
- A passion for intersectional movement-building, volunteer engagement, and social, environmental, and climate justice
- Community organizing, or advocacy experience
An Ideal Candidate would also possess:
- Experience working in or with other social movements
- Experience leading and designing trainings
- Experience with grassroots fundraising
Terms of Employment:
- Full time
- Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation and Benefits:
- $38,000-$45,000 -
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 8 hours flexible remote working time per week
- Option to contribute to a fossil-fuel free 401k plan
- Generous paid time off, including separate personal, vacation, and sick time
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Jobs[at]betterfutureproject.org with the subject line “Digital Organizer.” Include your last name in your resume and cover letter files. The cover letter should speak to your specific interest in and qualifications for this position. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. No calls please.
Semester & Summer Organizing Internships
Better Future Project offers two paid internship positions each semester for a current or recently graduated student! This internship is in partnership with the Mass Clean Energy Center's Clean Energy Internship Program. NOTE: You must either have attended college in Massachusetts or graduated in the last year and are now a resident in Massachusetts.
We are specifically looking for young people with a demonstrated interest in issue-based community organizing. Past experience with social media, campus or community organizing, and advocacy are desired, but not required.
Compensation: $16 per hour
FALL/SPRING: Part-time, between 10-20 hours per week
SUMMER: Part-time (25-39 hours per week) or Full-time
SPRING: January or February
FALL: September or October
SUMMER: May or June
End: Approx. 12-15 weeks after your starting week
Location: Our office in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA (Please note that our office is NOT wheelchair-accessible.)
We are no longer accepting applications for the Summer session.
We also may have other volunteer opportunities in the office. If interested, please e-mail Jobs[at]betterfutureproject.org with your resume and cover letter, including details on your past experience and the type of work you are interested in doing.
Better Future Project is an equal opportunity employer. We are an organization working to actively challenge systems of oppression. Women, people of color, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.