Position Title: Development Associate
Reports To: Beth Newhall, Director of Development for Better Future Project
Position Status: Part-time
About Better Future Project:
Better Future Project works to build powerful grassroots movements to address the climate crisis and advance a rapid and responsible transition beyond fossil fuels. We educate the public about climate change, empower new leaders, and help citizens to make their voices heard.
We are currently seeking a part-time Development Associate to assist with stewardship and fundraising. The Development Associate will be responsible for conducting ongoing stewardship of monthly donors, using the organization's NationBuilder database to input and track donor data, ensuring that larger donors receive appropriate thanks, and assisting the Director of Development with special projects, such as year-end fundraising, as needed.
Terms of Employment:
This hourly position is eight to ten hours per week, with the potential for scheduling flexibility and remote work. Possibility for increased hours during times of high activity. Start date as soon as possible. Independent contractors welcome. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Strong communication skills, especially in writing
- Familiarity with NationBuilder, Salesforce, or a similar fundraising database
- Acute attention to detail and ability to self-monitor for accuracy and timeliness in development communications
- Understanding of the role of fundraising in building social movements and appreciation of the role of stewardship in cultivating donors
- Efficient work style and comfort with a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle personal information with discretion
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line 'Development Associate' to email@example.com. Include your last name in your resume and cover letter file(s). Resumes are accepted until the position is filled. No calls please.
Better Future Project is an equal opportunity employer. We are an organization working to actively challenge systems of oppression. Women, people of color, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.
Office interns are welcome year-round (summer, fall, and spring). Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.