Better Future Project is looking for an experienced and dynamic development manager with a passion for grassroots organizing, movement-building, and climate action to support the organization’s development function.
The Development Manager supports the daily administration of the development and special events function. The Development Manager supports the leadership team in raising the targeted annual fundraising goal This includes successful identification and actualization of funding sources, such as major donors, foundations and grassroots supporters. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Development Manager is also responsible for gift processing, donor stewardship and the daily management and maintenance of the donor database. The role is ideal for a detail-oriented, efficient, and self-driven professional who is looking to advance their career.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in devising an annual plan for fundraising initiatives and calendar with input from the leadership team.
- Identifying and communicating with prospective major donors; identifying new foundation leads.
- Prepares grant proposals and reports.
- Maintains donor database.
- Maintains and organizes donor and campaign solicitation materials.
- Oversees and facilitates all gift processing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Education: Equivalent work experience or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., communications, nonprofit management, English)
- Work experience: Preference for 2-4 years’ work experience demonstrating higher levels of responsibility, but flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with CRM systems; NationBuilder experience, and other software a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Passion for grassroots organizing, movement-building and climate justice. Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the BFP
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary Range $62,000 - $72,000
- BFP is participating in a 4 day work week pilot program
- 80% employer-paid health insurance with respected national carrier
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision insurance option
- 401k socially responsible investment (including fossil free) retirement option
- Generous paid time off, including separate personal, vacation, and sick time
Schedule / Location
This is a full-time hybrid position. We are currently piloting a four day, 32 hour week (M-Th) with full 40 hours compensation. We are planning to make a final decision on the four day week in the Spring.
How to apply
Submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
BFP requires vaccination against COVID 19.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Better Future Project works to build a diverse, powerful, and democratic grassroots movement that will drive society to address climate change and its devastating effects, advancing a fair and fast transition beyond coal, oil, and gas toward an economy powered by renewable energy that equitably benefits all people.
Our guiding vision is a world with a healthy, stable, livable climate where all people live in resilient communities powered by 100% renewable energy that is equitably distributed, decentralized, and democratically controlled and provides millions of safe, well-paying jobs.
Better Future Project is an equal opportunity employer. While we still have much work to do, we are an organization working to actively challenge systems of oppression. People of color, women, indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, military veterans, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are encouraged to apply.
Do you like this page?